Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thinking of you....

http://www.hopecollage.org/

So I have been having a harder time this past week feeling down, missing our little Tyler. I am not sure why, maybe it's because I am planning all the fun things for Maddy's party which I love doing and it reminds me of what I am missing with Tyler, but it just seems lately everything reminds me of him, even more than usual..... I know that everyone says grief is like that, you have good days, ok days, and bad days...
A few days ago I was at my Mom's house during Maddy's nap. I was in the laundry room shredding papers when out of the corner of my eye I saw something on the wall. I looked closer and remembered what it was. It was where my Mom marks the height of the grand kids as they grow older starting when they are about 2. There on the wall was Will's heights, and Josh's and in just a few short weeks Maddy's will be up there too... but I immediately thought that Tyler was missing. It's traditions like this that I love so much and are so special that are just so hard for me. I sat staring at the wall imagining what Tyler would look like right now. Would he be tall like Maddy? Would he have Daddy's red hair? Would he play ball with my Dad like Will and Josh do? I wish I could just have a glimpse of him, just one more moment holding him and telling him how much I love him. Just one more moment....
It's funny how things work I came home and was talking to Matt and then came on the computer and saw that Tyler's collage had been posted! I was so excited and it lifted my spirits a bit! I came across this website that makes collages for parents that has lost a child, you choose what words you want on the collage and you can send them a picture of your child's footprints or hand prints too and they will make a collage. Isn't it beautiful??? I just LOVE it! And I LOVE that it is Tyler's actually footprint! I think I am going to get it printed and framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment