Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The icing on the cake...

Grandpa isn't doing well today. He has been sick for quite a while now and things seem to be going good and then they get bad again. I am so afraid to loose someone else. Loosing Tyler was the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through and now the thought of loosing someone else just isn't fair......

I remember the other day we were all together for Grandpa's 75th birthday. He was doing great and so happy to have all the family together. As most of you who are reading this blog problaby know in the Ford family it is a tradition that Grandpa Ford always gives the kids their very first lick of icing off of the birthday cake! I remember doing this with Grandpa like it was just yesterday! And in a way it wasn't too long ago (he gave me a lick of icing on my wedding day!!!) Well, that day Bek asked me if I was going to let Maddy have her first lick of icing with Grandpa. At first I wasn't sure if Maddy was old enough to eat icing yet, I worry about everything, and am overly cautious lot's of the time about things.... but then Bek said, "You really should let her..." So I did and I am sooo happy that Grandpa and Maddy got to experience that together! And when she is older she will always have the picture of her and Grandpa getting icing together!

So my lesson learned? "Don't be so cautious about things that you miss out on something really special!"

No comments:

Post a Comment