Friday, July 9, 2010

I have been blessed...

Today I read about a little boy who passed away from a congenital heart defect. They showed pictures of his time spent in the NICU and it brought back so many memories of that long month that Maddy was in the NICU. It makes me think of just how blessed we are to have a beautiful healthy little girl in our arms. Having her in the NICU was so scary and now it just seems amazing how big she has become since that day. I want her to always know how much of a miracle she is to Matt and I and how much we love her. Maybe one day she'll read this blog. I wanted to share a few of her favorite things right now, just little things she is doing that I want to always remember!

For one, she loves anything "Boo!" Boo to her is anything Halloween-like such as witches, ghosts, pumpkins, etc. She watched a Mickey Mouse Halloween Sing Along and since then she loves anything scary. While at garage sales a few weeks ago I found a little toddler witch costume, it is so cute and boy does she love it! Every time the witches song comes on she has to run and get her hat and broom!

She also loves to dance! I watch that show, "So You Think You Can Dance" every week and when it comes on she goes in front of the TV and does her own little version of the dances they are doing, I just love it!

Little Miss Maddy is also becoming quite independent at times! She is saying on a daily basis now, "I want to do!" Meaning she wants to do it herself without help! She is getting so big! But with this Independence also comes the pouting when she is told no. When she is mad or angry she will cross her arms over her chest and say, "Hmm!" Then sit there pouting. She learned this from her little buddy Charlie. Honestly, though I don't really mind it, I would rather her quietly pout then throw a fit or yell! : ) The picture below is of her pouting when we went to the Hands-On Museum. She wanted to put the play food in her mouth and I told her no so she was mad. (Goodness only knows how many kids have put those things in their mouths! Ewww!!!)



She is doing great with her speech therapy and has made lots of progress! She is now saying short sentences/phrases and adds quite a bit of new words to her vocaubluary each week! Her favorite part of therapy is getting a cup of water from the water machine on the way out. Every time I tell her we are going to therapy she says, "And I get wa-wa!" So when we are through she always reminds me that she wants her water. After getting the water she then has the routine of sitting outside of the building on the bench and drinking her water before we proceed to get in the car. I love the little routine things like this that we do! I love her so much! Well I am headed to bed! Yawn!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing to watch your beautiful tiny baby grow into such a big smart girl!?! Great job mama :-)

    ReplyDelete