Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a day...

Today we went to a state park with Jeanna, Roni, and Charlie and let's just say the day didn't go exactly as we planned! We had planned to get to the park early, go walking on the beautiful nature trails, and then have lunch at a restaurant on the water that they have raved about for a while now. Well, we got to the park and it was SOOOOO hot, we got the kids in the stroller and were ready for our hike only to find that we had taken the wrong trail. The trail we went on was not stroller friendly and it had alot of steps and bumpy paths. Then my little Miss Independent wanted to walk and she tripped and skinned her knee which was followed by screaming-poor thing! We had to carry the kids over the steps and Matt and Roni carried the strollers down the stairs. Then we weren't sure which trail we were on or where we were going, we were all hot and so when we saw a little stream with water we decided to let the kids get in and play and then head back. Maddy and Charlie had fun in the stream at least! We took some cute pics and then headed back.

Next we went to the place on the water to eat. As soon as we sat down I was so thirsty, our waitress came and got our drink orders, I look down and there is a roach looking right at me!!! ICK!!!! OK, now anyone who knows me knows that I am terrified of roaches!!!! I would rather come face to face with a snake,e spider, anything just not a roach! So I flipped out a little and said I wasn't eating there. I know it was just 1 roach but still! So we left drover for what seemed like forever to another seafood place on the water and ate lunch. This place was pretty good, Matt loved it because he loves seafood and Jeanna and I took Mad's and Charlie down to the water and saw two manatee's! They were so cute and were right up close to the dock! Although I cant say the day was a success it was still nice to get out of the house and spend time with Matt, Maddy, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment