Sunday, January 31, 2010

Back to Work

Well havent blogged this week, mainly because I started back to work full time this past week. It has been pretty hard for me. I wonder if it's even harder because I was able to stay home with Maddy for almost 2 years before having to go back to work full time? I dont know, all I know is that it isn't easy and I hate it! I am just so sad leaving her every morning and I feel like I am missing so much. : (

Thankfully my Mom is the one that is watching her most days and then the days Matt has off he is watching her. I keep trying to tell myself that this is the best for the family so we dont get crazy into debt since we already have a bit on our credit card. And it's only for 11 weeks and then I will be back to working 2 days a week and then off for the whole summer! But those positive thoughts dont really help when I have to say bye to my little girl in the mornings. It's just hard. When I get off work I want to spend ALL of my time with Maddy having quality time, and the same with the weekends! So I have only been getting on the computer mostly after she goes to bed at night! Right now she's napping, my little sweetie!

Here's some pics from the 2 weeks-
at the park with Maddy and my nephews
Maddy and I went to a Mother-Daughter tea with my friend Alexa and her little girl Alivia. It was so cute! My favorite picture in here is of Maddy being silly with the spoon in her mouth! Here we were at this fancy tea and look at Maddy, that's what I LOVE so much about her! Actually I love everything about her!
Rebekah and I also went on a last minute trip with the kids to Moultrie, GA. We met our parents and family there for a funeral. My Grandma's brother passed away. It was a sad trip, funerals are always hard. While there we visited the home that my Great Grandparents used to live in. We have such great memories of trips to their home in Geogia, visiting together, eating homemade pound cake and sweet tea, swinging on the swing underneath the big oak tree, and exploring the huge corn field that thay had out back or "out yonder" as my grandpa Child's used to say. It's sad to see how things change though. The corn field is no longer there and is now being replaced with a pond and the house has had many things changed as well. I wish it was still the way that I remembered it. But I will always have my memories. We also took the kids to Cheehaw Park which was a park we used to go to, they loved it. We were a little rushed though so I hope to go back sometime soon to see it again.

Grandma and Grandpa Child's swinging under the oak tree

On the back steps of their house
Bek and I walking out to the corn field
Cheehaw Park

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pictures! I'm sure it's very hard to go to work everyday, but Summer will be here before you know it! Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete