Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Potty time???

So lately Maddy has been very curious about potty time things. She always wants to watch when her cousin Josh and her friend Charlie go to the bathroom. And she is very interested in the toilet too (I know, strange huh?). Well then we noticed that whenever she needs to go #2 she has a few places around the house that she likes to go poop in her diaper, like this little corner near the TV, and in her playhouse. And when I ask her, "Do you need to go potty?" she will go to the bathroom to the toilet.
So I thought well maybe now would be a good time to buy her a potty seat and begin at least introducing it to her. So we went to Babies R Us and let her pick out her own special potty seat, she chose Elmo! She was so excited about it! So we get home and go to the bathroom to show her how to use the potty seat. She walks right up to the stool stands on it, pulls up her shirt and leans forward like she is going to go pee! Like a boy!!! It was hilarious! I called for Matt to come in and see her and then I tried showing her that little girls sit on the potty seat not stand. Well she was NOT happy about that.
Now I cant get her to sit on the toilet she just wants to stand! Oh boy! I think that maybe little Miss Maddy is around boys wayyyy to much! Oh well it was a nice try. We are trying to get her to come into the bathroom and SIT on the toilet. I have brought in books, etc but so far we aren't making much progress. I know it's still early though so I'll just wait till she's ready. I just wanted to write this moment out so I always remember it!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting! it sounds like she is almost ready! wish it wasnt so insanely cold here right now or we would be potty training soren. I dont know how people up north do it. Once you start you will see its best to keep her diaperless.....any underwear or pants will confuse her into having accidents. Well alot of kids are like that at least.....maybe she will know better

    ReplyDelete