Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bye bye bottle...

Afternoon at a local parl, Castaway Island Preserve. We had a great time walking the nature trails with Maddy and her cousin Emma and then walking down to the dock to throw rocks in the water.



















So I am kinda sad to say that we got Maddy off of the bottle this week. : ( She was still taking bottles before nap and bedtime with milk and we had been putting it off mainly because I was afraid that if we took it away she wouldn't drink milk anymore but..... we switched to the sippy cup and at first she still said, "baba...baba.." a few times but I just told her, "No, here is your baba now it has your milk in it." And she took it! Yay!!!




AND...... DUN-DUN-DUN....... Maddy went pee-pee in the potty for the first time this week!!!!!!!!!!! We were so proud of her! Since we got her new princess potty we have been encouraging her to sit on it and try to go pee-pee in the potty usually each night before bedtime when she goes in the bathroom she will say, "pee-pee" and point to her potty then sit on it for a minute before getting in the bath but she would never actually go she would get up and we would tell her good try! But the other night she walked in like normal said, "Pee-pee" walked over to her potty sat down and peed!!!! I yelled, "Matt, come here Maddy's going pee-pee in the potty!!!!" He ran in and we were like yay Maddy!!!!!! She was kinda looking down like oh, there is something coming out of there! It was so funny and cute! Afterwards we gave her some M&M's since she went on the potty! So far she hasn't gone again but is still sitting on it each day at least once and trying so that's all I expect for now!



She has also been talking quite a bit more. It seems everyday she is saying a new word but it's usually after we say a word she will repeat it but still it's progress! Now as soon as we get out of the car she says, "I walk!" She is becoming so independant about things and wants to walk. She will also say, "I no want to" when she is being stubborn! Only about a week and a half until her appointment for speech evaluation with Wolfson's.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the growth and development! Yay!!!:-)

    M&M's worked well for my kids too with potty training!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress!
    I love your "portrait quality" photos, Candace!
    You have a knack (and a willing Maddy?)! I'm wondering what type of camera you use? I either need a tutorial on my camera or a new one that gets better results! I know what I want, but don't seem to know the settings to get it! My camera is so s-l-o-w before it's ready to take the next shot. I miss too much waiting for it!!
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Laurie! I have a Nikon D50 that I LOVE!!!! Maddy isn't usually very willing to sit for pictures she is soooo busy most of the time so I just try to get her doing her own thing and luckily am able to get her looking at the camera sometimes! Lol!

    ReplyDelete