Saturday, March 20, 2010

Disney, therapy, and Maddy's first hair cut!

We just got back from Disney last weekend! This time just the girls and the kids went for the day and we had a blast! Maddy's favorite things were the tea cups and the Jungle Cruise!

So we took Maddy for her evaluation at Early Steps and she didn't qualify. : ( I was disappointed. I know you may be thinking what?? Why??? It's good that your child didn't qualify to need speech therapy BUT the thing is she is a little behind on her expressive language but she isn't anywhere near what they consider "severe" so she didn't qualify. Which means we will have to find a different private speech therapist to take her to and insurance doesn't usually cover speech therapy unless it's a issue resulting from a problem at birth, etc. Soooooo.... I have been really looking into it and found that at Wolfson's they have a grant that they give you if your insurance wont cover it!!!! Yay!!!! It's not something you have to qualify for, it's not based on income or anything you just get it! So I am VERY excited about that. Maddy's evlaution with them is the week after Spring Break. On the other hand Maddy has been improving alot with her talking in just the last month or so, I am so proud of my baby! I just think that this will be the little "boost" she needs to just take off! : )

And Maddy got her very first hair cut! Her Grams cut it and I think it looks so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun!

    I am sure she will take off on her speech soon:-)

    Congrats on the first haircut!

    ReplyDelete