Friday, October 9, 2009

Grandpa's Memorial

My friend Kelli offered to take pictures at Grandpa's service for us and I am so glad that she did. Since my Grandpa was a Chief in the Navy he received full honors at his service. I had never been to a service like this before and it was so moving. It gave me goosebumps to watch the men doing the 21 gun salute and just the whole ceremony. The service was at Bethlehem the church that our family has been going to since before I was born and our Pastor who is now retired Pastor Buchheimer and Pastor Dana performed the service. It was a beautiful service and afterwards the church had a meal. This was a time for friends and family to come together. This was really nice because one of the times that Grandpa was in the hospital recently ha said he wanted a "Celebration of Life" not a funeral. After this we went to the cemetery for the graveside service. Here is a slideshow I made to email to the family and friends that were unable to attend.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Grandpa's Memorial
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

  1. Your friend did a great job! It was so beautifully done! I am sure that was an amazing service and such an honor to your Grandpa, you and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete