Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Walk to Remember

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Walk to Remember 2009


Sunday was the annual Walk to Remember downtown. We have gone every year since we lost Tyler and we love going. It's nice to have things throughout the year to go to remember and honor our little boy. We have so many friends and family that come with us and it means so much that they want to remember with us! The walk is in downtown right on the riverwalk.

We got there and said hello to a friend of mine who also lost her little girl Sarah Rae. She also has a little boy who is very close in age with Maddy. Then we went to get balloons to sign and to sign the memory banners.
Writing my letter to Tyler was emotional like it always is, I miss him so much and it seems like so long ago that I held him in my arms that day at the hospital. Next a lady spoke about how the walk began and why it was started. As a way to remember our babies. Then Sharon a chaplain with PedsCare- read a poem called the Invisible Cord. What a beautiful poem!

We are connected,
My child and I,
By an invisible cord,
Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord
That connects us 'til birth
This cord can't be seen
By any on earth.

This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.

The strength of this cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,
Though you're not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart
I am bruised…. I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can't take away!

After that we began the walk down the riverfront. It's only about a quarter mile and ends at a big opening with steps and a place you can sit along the water. They took a group picture and then played the updated version of the song Somewhere Over The Rainbow as we released out balloons. Maddy thought it was so neat to watch then go and she reached for the balloons as they floated above! We then headed back and stopped by the water again to throw our flowers that they give out in the river. I had Maddy sit in my lap and throw them one at a time each time she threw one she would laugh! Then she decided it would be fun to throw her paci over too! Oops!!!It was a beautiful day and I cant wait to go next year! Tyler, I hope you caught all your balloons little buddy!!!! Love you soooo much!

1 comment:

  1. I love that poem. It is ironic for me though considering the umbilical cord is what eventually took my baby from me. But no matter what that cord that links us together forever with love will never become twisted.

    ReplyDelete