Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Zoo trip and rain puddles!



Well, this week has been not too good to say the least. Monday was Grandpa's funeral service and although it was a beautiful and moving service I still feel such sadness that he is not here. I am going to post more about the service after I get some of the pics a friend of mine took of the Honor Guard who did the 21 gun salute. Tuesday I had to work. I was subbing for a Kindergarten class and they were terrible!!!! One kid couldn't sit still ALL DAY, one kid got sick, and another boy decided to stick wads of toilet paper down the toilet in the hallway to try and flood it! Oh boy! Not a good day! So needless to say I was definitely looking forward to spending the day with Maddy today and some friends. My friend Diana is in town this week and we made plans to go to the Zoo with the kids. She has a little boy who is only a month older than Maddy!


Maddy really enjoyed the Zoo, now that she is older she really gets into each animal. For the first few exhibits she could start to cry/fuss each time we left to move on the the next animal. Finally she realized that we weren't leaving just moving to the next thing! Of course her favorite thing today was the giraffe's because we got to feed them. Sher thought this was so funny! Each time we would reach out the lettuce leaf to feed the giraffe she would just squeal and laugh and her eyes would get so big! It's cool how they stick out their LONG tongues to get the food!

She also really liked the big fish exhibit she kept waving to the fish and blowing them kisses! I wish that I had my video camera with me today! As we were walking to another exhibit Maddy found some rain puddles and of had to run straight through them! As soon as I saw the rain puddles I thought of Grandpa and how he used to always take me jumping through the rain puddles when I was little. So I had Kelli take some pics! I have to say that it really made me sad thinking of Grandpa, it's so weird how people expert you to just go about things like normal right after you have lost someone that you love so much. He was on my mind alot today.

We saw lots of different animals and then went and got something little to eat, I had funnel cake, yummy! Then we went to the gift shop where Maddy got some glittery bugs and a slimy frog toy and headed over to the train. It was really hot today so the train ride was a nice break! Maddy was so tired that she fell asleep in her stroller on the train ride!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and precious memories! Maddy's eyes are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete