Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family






Yesterday we took new flowers down to the cemetary for Tyler. It is always bittersweet going there. On the one hand I love having a place to go to talk with him and remember him but on the other hand it's so hard to see the reality of it all. The reality that the only place I can go to be with my son is the cemetary, the reality that I will never get to go shopping for him for the holidays except for to get items to decorate his marker at the cemetary. And the sad reality that this is as close to really knowing Tyler that Maddy will ever get.

I watched Maddy play with Matt while we arranged Tyler's flowers and was so sad that she will never get to meet her big brother on this side of Heaven. How harsh that she will have to learn at such a young age that not everyone stays with us here on Earth. Here are a few pictures from today of the flowers we got, I love the wildflower look.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this time with me... I love to help!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete