Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Butterfly

A butterfly lands near us, and for a brief moment its beauty belongs to our world. But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky to have seen it.

So I came across the saying above on a different website and of course, I thought of Tyler. I thought about how he only stayed with us for such a short time but he has changed my life forever. I will never be the same person I was before Tyler was born and I am thankful for that because Tyler has taught me so much. He taught me what is truly important in life and to be thankful for everyday that I get to spend with Matt, and Maddy, and my family and friends because the truth is we are not guaranteed anything. Not even one day.

I wish that I was given a lifetime to spend with Tyler but I wasn't. But I can definitely say that if I were given the choice to do it over again, to carry Tyler in my belly for 20 weeks knowing that he would go straight to the arms of Jesus, and we would not get to bring our precious, beautiful baby boy home I would do it. I would do it in a heartbeat because even though he isn't here with me right now, he will always be my son and we will be together again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment