Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our little monkey!


Oh my goodness has Maddy started taking off! I thought that we were on our feet alot while she was crawling, HA! Now she is taking anywhere from 5 to 15 steps at a time! We are sooooo proud of her! And with learning to walk also comes a big dose of curiosity! Maddy is trying to climb up everything and anything! It seems like if I turn my back for even one second she's on the go trying to climb into a chair or on the sofa!

I want to let her explore and try new things but at the same time I'm worried about her getting hurt! It's like she has no fear! Yesterday we were in her room and she was wanting to climb into the low (it's practically on the ground) shelf. Well I thought, "Ok, it's not going to hurt anything." Well, she climbed in happy as can be but when she was climbing out she bumped her chin and has a little red bruise! Poor thing!

Then today she wanted to climb into the dining room chair. Since I was right beside her I let her try it, It took her a while but when she finally got it she was SO proud of herself! She looked up at me with this adorable accomplished grin and it was so sweet! I got my camera out for this one so there's a pic above! After that she tried to stand up in the chair and I had to be very firm telling her, "No-no Maddy" and showing her that you can only sit on your bottom on the chair. Hmmm... she didn't like that one! Wow, the adventures of a 15 month old! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment