Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pretty nice club to be in...

Well we began part of our Father's Day early. Since my mom and dad will be out of town on Father's Day we decided to celebrate early. Dad wanted all of us to drive down to Goldhead State Park to spend the day so we all packed up and headed out! It was such a nice day. It was about an hour and a half drive and when we go there they already had a pavilion reserved right by the lake and playground. We got lotioned up and headed straight down to the lake and the water felt WONDERFUL! We didn't even have to ease in because it wasn't too cold just the perfect temperature. We played for a while, Maddy had a ball splashing all around and then we went back up to cook out.

While the food cooked we took the kids over to the park where Maddy did her favorite thing- went on the swing. I swear she would stay on that swing all day if we let her! I love watching her in the swings she gets so excited and just gives these huge smiles of delight!!!! Next we ate and then hung out for a bit talking while Maddy took a nap. Then we headed down the road to the spring. It was so beautiful here! There was a short path to the spring and then a bridge that went over top the spring. We walked down and I put my feet in and boy was it cold!!! Brrr! Next thing I knew I saw a snake gliding through the water! I knew that I probably wouldn't get Matt in the water because it was really cold but then when I saw the snake there was no way he was getting in! He gets really freaked out by snakes! The kids splashed around a little bit and then we went back to the pavilion packed up and got ready to go.

As we were leaving my dad was telling Matt and Eddie happy fathers day and Matt said the cutest thing he said, "Yeah, it's a pretty nice club to be in isn't it?!" It's funny how just a few words can send a flood of memories to your mind. I thought about how long we tried to get pregnant, about giving birth to Tyler, and about our little girl that I was holding in my arms. How wonderful that we are finally a part of the "parents club" It truly is the best club in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment