Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Miss Mad's

Wanted to do a quick update about Maddy and new things going on with her. She is doing better on her talking! Yay! She has therapy once a week for 30 minutes and it is so neat to see her interact with the therapist. She now is starting to string 2-3 words together and last time we were in therapy she said about 5 2-3 word sentences just during the 30 minutes we were there! I am so proud of her! As a Mom I am beginning to notice how much I just immediately try to always have her needs met. this is I think this is something that is natural for parents to do! You usually know what they want without them needing to tell you and give it to them. This is something Matt and I are going to start doing, waiting for her to ASK for things instead of just giving! That will be a hard adjustment! : )


Mad's has been saying things like, "ove you" for "love you" and it just melts my heart! She says "please" and "thank you" and when she wants something instead of just saying "want that" and pointing she is starting to say WHAT it is she wants such as, "I want bubbles." When she wants to do something she says, "I want to do" this is one of her new favorite things to say now because she is getting into that stage where she is wanting a little bit of Independence! She has also added lots of single words to her vocabulary such as cheese, pig, up, down, bridge, sky, house, car, baing uit (for bathing suit), go, those are just a few!

Now that the weather is heating up we have been making frequent visits to Grandma Ford's pool and I was amazed by what a little fish she is! Last year in the water Maddy wasn't near as confident but this year we put on her little vest and she swims all around!!!! She also loves to stand on the side of the pool to jump in to water to you! I bought her some little arm floaties and I hope to be able to teach her to swim by herself with them on by the end of the summer.

There is only a few more weeks of school and subbing left until summer and I cant wait!!!! We have quite a bit of things coming up, Tyler's birthday celebration on Sunday, Will's birthday, and our summer trip- we are going to go for a week to Myrtle Beach! And I'm sure we will be planning lots of different day trips! I am also hoping to really get my house decluttered and ORGANIZED this summer!!! I want to decorate Maddy's playroom and paint and redo our master bathroom, and get caught up on my digital scrapbooking. I am soooo behind! So, we'll see what all I get to! I love summer!

1 comment:

  1. She is just growing up in so many ways! Must make you a proud mama :-)

    ReplyDelete