Saturday, May 1, 2010

Big news!!!!

I got a job for next year! I am so super excited! I was planning on going back to work teaching full time next year and yes, I was pretty much dreading it. I love being home with Maddy and missed her soooo much when I was working full time for those 12 weeks! I knew that if I had to go back to work full time I would do it BUT really wasn't looking forward to it.

But then a job opportunity came up at the school that I took the long-term assignment at. It is for an "interventionist" which is a new position and something that I am really interested in! I have always loved working in the inclusion classroom with the special needs students. For this position I will be exclusively working with different students who are low, struggling in school, have learning disabilities, etc. and I will provide interventions to try and help them succeed! Soooooo I talked to the principal about week and a half ago and then followed up Thursday about the job and I got it!!!!!

Yay! The best part? It's only part time!!!! 3 days a week but I will still be getting my teacher salary! It's the best of both worlds! We will have more money coming in AND I'll get to be with Mad's! Yay!!!!

2 comments: