Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today, I am reminded of my Grandpa Ford. I miss him so much. We went to a cookout and swim in the pool for Memorial Day and it just isnt the same without him there. I miss seeing him watching the kids playing in the pool and reminding everyone just how blessed we are to have such a close family. He also served for many years in the Navy. What a sacrifice he made serving our country and spending so much time overseas and apart from his family. I couldn't even imagine what that would have been like. We had fun goofing off at the cookout and pool and then we went to the cemetary to visit Grandpa. Earlier in the day Maddy and I went and got new flowers for Tyler and then I told her, "Ok, do you want to pick a flower for Grandpa Ford?" She said, "Yeah! (which by the way is one of her favorite things to say). She picked some white daisies and then later picked them up and said, "Papa!" My heart melted! I am going to always make sure that Maddy knows all about her Grandpa and how much her loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment