Friday, May 7, 2010

*Venting post*

*****Sigh***** today is just one of those days where I feel like I have 1001 things to do and no time to do it! (and yes I realize I am bloggin right now instead of cleaning but I need to take a minute to relax) So I am in the mood to just vent a bit! Feel free to stop reading now if you dont want to hear it! Lol! : )

I am sitting in my room on the computer looking around on the floor at the massive piles of clothes that need to be hung, Matt is sound asleep beside me with the dog and I am nowhere near ready to go to sleep. It amazes me how men can just sleep when there are so many things still needing to be done around the house. It's like there are no cares in the world! During the day it seems like it's go, go, go, and after Maddy goes down for bed I need time to just chill you know? I am getting ready to wrire one of my infamous to-do lists because I have too many things going on in my mind that I need to write all the things out that I need to get done. Cleaning, bills, getting ready for Tyler's birthday/celebration, laundry, cleaning out my car, go through Maddy's toys to declutter, etc, etc, etc. I kinda need a day to just stay at home all day with no interruptions and get most of it done BUT I dont want to do that! I want to play with Maddy and spend time with her! And tomorrow we have a busy day planned so there's another day gone without getting stuff done.... Hmmmmm.... Any suggestions? What do you do when you get overwhelmed with too much to do but also dont want to miss out on time with your little ones?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, have a good cry lol! Just kidding! I usually try to decide what is the top priority and go from there. I think you list makes a lot of sense. Cross off the things you get done and you can see your progress that way too.

    I'm with you on the blogging. Sometimes it helps to take a moment to vent and then you can clear your head a little and get down to business.

    I don't know why or how guys can sleep when there are things to be done, but I think it's a blessing. I wish I could just shut off my brain sometimes! It is frustrating, but I also think that they need specifics. We have to tell them exactly what is on our minds or what they can do to help...or not do to help lol!

    Sometimes with cleaning I think there are times when it's OK to just do something "good enough" and not perfectly.

    Hang in there and take a deep breath. It will get done and then you will feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete