Saturday, May 22, 2010

Separation Anxiety and teething, oh no!

This week has been a LONG one! Maddy has just not been herself lately. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I think that it's a combination of 2 teeth coming in and the beginning of a case of separation anxiety. She has just been VERY irritable, and just falls apart at every little thing that goes wrong or when she doesn't get her way. She flips out when I leave the room and doesn't want to be with anyone else if Mommy is around. And she only wants mommy to help her do things. For example she wanted a drawer opened at my mom's and when my mom tried to open it for her she said, "No! Mommy do!!! Mommy do!!!" Meaning she wanted me to open it. I am like whoaaaa... what in the world???

When she gets mad she has been screaming and has even thrown a few things. She hasn't been eating good either. It has just been a really hard week and I feel defeated! I hate it when Maddy is unhappy and grumpy like this and I don't know what to do to make it better. Because I cant just give into her every whim and have to discipline her when she acts like this. I don't know if it's just teething and separation anxiety, terrible 2's or what? I don't really think I need to take her to the pediatrician because other than a runny nose she seems to be fine. Oh boy, hoping it will get better soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment