Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A picnic with Tyler

So today Matt, Maddy, and I went to have a picnic with Tyler. We picked up some lunch and headed down to the cemetary. We have always talked about going to visit and having a picnic but I dont think that we have ever got around to doing it and today seemed like the perfect day. So we got there and it was really nice although it is SUPER hot here! We talked to Tyler like we always do when we go visit him. I dont know but I always feel like Tyler is looking down from above watching us when we go to visit him. It just feels natural to me to talk to him. We had lunch and laughed at Maddy being silly! Then since it was so hot we packed up and got ready to head back. As Matt took Maddy to the car I stayed for a few more minutes and sang to Tyler. I always love singing "You Are My Sunshine" and "Count Your Blessings" to him. And I always tell him that whenever he is watching from up above and see's me singing to Maddy to know that those songs are meant for him too! It was peaceful being there but also so sad to know that this is as close as we will get to having our family together on this side of Heaven. I miss him every single day. I miss him so much....
Once we got home I went outside with Maddy and looked at Tyler's garden. One of the new flowers started blooming! I think it's probably because of all these afternoon thunderstorms we have been having!


Maddy had a ball running around the yard and chasing Barkley!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty flowers! Maddy is so cute in that red dress:)

    ReplyDelete