Saturday, August 15, 2009

What's new with Mad's

So I wanted to write today about the "new" things Maddy is doing lately and her favorite things. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog to remember all these great memories! So here goes!

Maddy has started saying a few more words now. She says mama, mom, dada, duck, dog, "this"-(in conjunction with pointing), uh-oh, tickle, and all done! She also knows the sign langauge signs for bath and more.

Her favorite things right now if you couldn't guess from her words are dogs and ducks! Lately when she has been watching her Baby Einstein DVD's she get's very excited when she sees the ducks on there so I thought it would be good to take her to the park at the beach to see real ducks. We have been a few times before when she was younger and she liked them but wasn't too interested. Well this time let me tell you she had a ball with them! She thought they were so cool! She kept waving to them over and over it was so cute! Then she would run after them. She fed one of them but it nipped her hand so she was done feeding after that!
















She also has just started giving kisses! And she kisses everything!!! Her doll, her toys, things when we go out places, and her Barkley. When we are getting ready to leave the house now she will run over to Barkley lean down and give him a kiss before we leave! Even the animals on the rides at Monkey Jungle! Silly girl!












She is loving her little baby dolls too. My mom got her 2 baby dolls and she likes to carry them around the house and when she sits down she will sit them down etc. She also likes to take the little baby bottle and put it to the babies mouth and make little drinking sounds her Grams taught her this. She also likes to "share" her paci with her babies!












When you tell her Maddy give the baby loves she will hug the baby! And she has started to "love" on the characters in books too! Her favorite types of books are the ones that have lift the flaps and she is really into these 2 books that we have that you can scratch and sniff. She loves to read and will bring books to me all throughout the day, she hands me the book then turns around and sits in my lap for me to read it to her. I hope she will always love reading! That's the teacher coming out of me!

Some more of her favorite things are her little Cozy Coupe car that Aunt Bekah and Eddie gave her, beads, things that she can climb in and out of like her little chair, she loves anything that has straps to play with, and still loves to climb in the laundry basket to play! And she loves to climb on things, she is our little monkey! She just learned how to climb onto the couch and she is so proud of herself! But she worries me a little with all her climbing! So there's a few new things about out little sweetie!











1 comment:

  1. She looks and sounds like such a little sweetie! I've got a couple of climbers too! It can be a little scary because kids just have no fear and don't realize the danger sometimes! I thought it was funny about the ducks and dogs. My kids love ducks and dogs as well and we have a really nice park in our town where we are able to feed the ducks. Once quite a few years back there were swans at this park and one of them bit my thumb! So I can understand how poor Maddy felt!

    ReplyDelete