Monday, August 31, 2009

Pirate Park

The Pirate Park
Today we went with the girls and kids on an outing to the "Pirate Park." It's a park about 30-45 minutes away that I saw online and thought would be fun. We drove down and got there pretty early about 10:15 but it was already as humid as can be although the kids didn't seem to notice at all! They loved this park!!! It's shaped like a pirate ship and is really big. Maddy is still a little young to go down the slides but she likes riding them with Will! And her favorite thing whenever we go to the park is the swings!!! She could stay on the swing for hours if I let her! She get's on and will just grin and grin and she likes to put her head back and look up the the sky. It's so cute! She also loves climbing up steps, she can climb down them too but man is she fast going up! Keeps me on my feet!

You would think I would loose some weight from running after her but then we go and end up eating lunch at a place like Caddyshack and it ruins it! Oh well! We went to a few stores at the outlet mall real quick and then went to Caddyshack for lunch. It actually wasn't very good, most of us got these French Dip like sandwiches and they were really dry and I spilled a huge glass of Coke all down my shirt and pants at the beginning of the meal and I had to stay in those clothes till we got home-after our 45 minute drive! Sticky! Plus by this point Maddy was getting tired and a bit cranky so the meal was spent trying to soothe her. What's the best way to teach an 18 month old not to throw food off her tray????

All in all it was a great day spent with friends!!! We got home and I put Maddy down for her nap and then Matt got home and him and I took a nice nap as well! Aaaaa!!! So relaxing!!! Here's a few pics! I decided to post them in black and white this time! I love black and whites!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome park! That is so cool! I love black and white pictures too, but I don't post very many. Maybe I will have to start doing that occasionally.

    ReplyDelete