Tuesday, September 8, 2009

18 months, Huskers, and retirement party

Haven't been blogging as much lately. So here's an update of the last few days! So my Dad has
finally retired! He has been counting down the days for a LONG time! We had a retirement party this weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Ford's and had so much fun! We had food, old time games, and lot's of swimming! Here are a few pics!
Two legged race! Egg Toss

Sack Race

Playin with Daddy
With Grandma Ford
We also went to this restruant called Ham's with Mom, Dad, Bek, Eddie, and the boys. They go there for the Husker's games and it was PACKED! The whole restraunt was Huskers fans! They were a little crazy for me! They go to all the games here that aren't on regular TV but I dont think we will go near that often! Maddy had fun playing with her cousins as always!
Today was Maddy's 18 month well visit. I cannot beleive that she is a year and a half, the thing that amazes me most is that it has been 6 months- a half a year since her 1st birthday! It seems like that was just the other day! She is doing great! She is in the 90th percentile for height-33 inches! Our tall girl!!!! And around the 50th percentile for weight-24 pounds. Which is great to us because when she was born she was in the 20th since she was 6 weeks early and a preemie. Can't beleive how much she has grown! She is on target with most everything!!! She is a little behind on how many words she is saying they said at 18 months they should be saying between 10-15 words and Maddy says about 8 words. So they really arent concerned but we are going to really try to work with her on this more! Mainly encouraging her to name the items she wants instead of just doing the ugh...ugghhh that toddlers do when they want stuff! Today was a busy day we went to Pump It Up, a kid's play place that house inflatable jumphouses and slides and had lots of fun but I forgot the memory card for me camera! Oops! Well I'm going to go to bed now since I have to be up early -tomorrow is one of my working days. Fun, fun!

1 comment:

  1. Happy retirement to your dad! Cool underwater picture! It is crazy how fast the little ones grow. I can't beleive that Chloe is going to be 1 in just 3 1/2 months! I wouldn't worry too much about Maddy's speech. It will come, and then you will wish she'd never learned to talk LoL! I used to think that Sean would never talk and now he doesn't stop, same with Eleanor, but the speech came a lot quicker for her. I'm not in too much a hurry for Chloe to start talking, but I do wish she'd say mama:) She says dada.

    ReplyDelete