Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hugenot Beach

A few days ago Matt had off and we decided to take Maddy on the ferry for the first time and then go to Hugenot Beach. My Mom, Dad, and Josh came too! We got on the ferry and Maddy was very excited about the sea gulls flying all around! She was just pointing to everything! When we got ready to leave the horn blew and scared her like crazy! She started screaming crying and wiggling all around, poor thing she didn't know what was going on! After a minute or two she calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the ride! We got the Hugenot Beach and it was awesome because it was pretty much deserted! There wasn't hardly anyone there, we saw maybe two or three cars. We drove around looking for the perfect spot and came to an area where campers can park that is right directly on the beach. We got lotioned up and headed down. Josh was scared of the water so Mom stayed on the shore with him. Maddy wasn't scared at all she went right into the water, wading around with me. She liked to walk to me in the water then walk to Daddy and do this over and over again. She also enjoyed carrying around her little silver bucket from Grams and putting water and things in it! As I was sitting in the water all of a sudden a felt something hit my hand and a second later a horrible burning feeling!!!! It was a jellyfish! I yelled for Matt to get Maddy out of the water and I got out too. Luckily it only grazed two fingers but it still was burning sooooo bad! I was screaming!!!! Then if you have ever seem the "Friends" episode where they are on the Beach Matt came to the rescue if you know what I mean!!! I was going to try anything to get the stinging to stop. But I wouldn't recommend trying this it didn't really work and still burned! Ewwww!!!!! Ew! Ew!!
A jellyfish like the little monster that stung me! This one I saw after I got stung-figures!

After that we headed to another area. Hugenot Beach has the beach side and another side that is more like a lake where the river runs into it. We went to this side to try and get away from the jellyfish. This ended up being better because it didn't have any waves so Josh wasn't afraid to get in the water. We spent the rest of the morning here collecting shells and swimming in the water.

And of course, here are some pics because you know I don't go hardly anywhere without my camera!



1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures:) Sorry you got stung by the jellyfish though OUCH:(

    ReplyDelete