Saturday, September 19, 2009

Barbara Jeans

I love Saturdays!!!!! Pretty much every Saturday me and my friend Jeanna get together and go to garage sales! We pack up toys, snacks, and some DVD's for the portable DVD player and we're off! The kids usually do pretty good in the backseat and Jeanna and I take turns going up to garage sales. I found lots of good deals today! My favorite deal??? A book rack like the one below. They sell for about $140 at the store, my price at the garage sale???? 10 bucks!!! Woo-hoo! We are thinking about turning our guest bedroom into a playroom for Maddy and this would go perfect in there!
We then decided to go to this nice neighborhood about 30 minutes away that was having a Community Garage Sale. We found some good stuff there too and then since we were already in the area we decided to go to this neat restaurant on the water called Barbara Jeans. It's right on the river and we got great seats so the kids could watch the boats go by. And the food was soooooo good. It's seafood and home-cooking type things so I had the turkey and dressing with squash casserole. Oh my gosh, yummy!!!! After we ate we took the kids outside to the dock and let them watch the boats up close and we also saw lot's of fish in the water, some of them were jumping fish! Too cool! Now Mad's is napping and I am relaxing, what a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome finds! I need to find a garage sale buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah, lucky! I was on the hunt for one of those for xmas but wayyy too much new.

    ReplyDelete